Auto, Motorcycle, and Truck Storage
Why Store Your Vehicle?
It is most likely, that your car is one of the most valuable and necessary things you own. It is important to keep it in the best condition possible even when it is not being used. With our storage units coming in a variety of sizes, your sure to find a unit to keep your vehicle safe and conveniently accessible.
If you have a classic car or one that you’re currently working on, a storage unit is a great option because it will keep it protected from harsh weather, humidity, rust, vandalism, damage from rodents and pests, and a variety of other harmful factors.
Before Storing Your Vehicle
When planning to store your vehicle, long or short term, making sure it is properly stored is critical to having it run properly when you decide to take it out.
Before you store your vehicle(s), here are a few things to do:
- Change your oil and filter.
- Professionals recommend doing this right before you store your vehicle to protect your engine from any contaminants.
- Add coolant to your engine (topping it off) for additional protection while it’s in storage.
- Wash your vehicle before placing it in storage.
- This is important to remove any grease and grime from both the undercarriage and body of the car. Also, add a double or triple coat of wax on your vehicle to for additional protection while it’s in storage.
- Buy a good cover (which is well-fitted) to go over your vehicle.
- Release your parking brake.
- If you leave your parking brake pads on for too long, they can fuse with the rotors.
- Car batteries can drain even when the engine is completely turned off. This can be caused by accidently leaving headlights on, defective alternator diode, old battery, or parasitic drain. You don’t have to completely remove the battery- just make sure that the negative cables are unplugged.
- Remove your windshield wipers
- The rubber on your windshield wipers may start to stick to your windshield in storage, which will leave a rubber residue on your window that is difficult to remove.
Disconnect your battery
What unit sizes does Simply Self Storage offer for vehicle storage?
We offer 36 square feet to 780 square feet for enclosed vehicle storage. We also offer 90 square feet to 900 square feet of open paved parking for those who just need a safe location to keep their vehicle.