Charmaine Green, Simply Self Storage’s head of Human Resources, is leading the company down a healthier path for 2017. Dubbed “Simply Healthy”, the program aims to help promote the overall health and wellness of employees throughout the year.
“At Simply Self Storage, our employees are the heartbeat of our company, and their overall wellness is important to us,” said Green.
A few highlights of this program include:
- Healthy lunches throughout the year
- Monthly smoothie day
- Optional weight loss competition
- Free biometric screenings
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- In-office masseuse visits
The program has seen a highly successful start so far this year, with participation across the entire corporate office. Charmaine Green indicated hopes and plans are in the works to roll out to the fantastic field employees on the front lines of Simply Self Storage locations as well.
The success of the Simply Healthy program has extended far beyond the front doors of the corporate office. Friends and family have caught wind and embraced the philosophies of Green’s monthly newsletters too.
If you’re a current Simply Self Storage customer, perhaps you’re moving and could use some wellness tips. Here are some pointers to make your moving experience a healthy one:
- Bend using your hips and knees, squatting down to pick up a box. Keep it close to your chest, and lift with your legs.
- Ask for help for heavier loads, or contact professional movers.
- Take plenty of breaks to prevent exhaustion.
- If you plan on transporting everything yourself, invest in a shoulder dolly, lifting straps, and a hand truck.
- When operating a large moving truck, keep more following distance between you and the vehicle ahead.