If so, consider listening to music while you pack boxes, load up the moving truck, or drive to your new house.
Music is actually considered one of the greatest natural antidepressants. In fact, Yuna L. Ferguson reported in The Journal of Positive Psychology that listening to upbeat music results in overall impressions of happiness on listeners.
So whether you’re excited about the move, or experiencing a mild case of cold feet, turn on your stereo and crank up this 10-song upbeat playlist that’s sure to help you get in the moving groove.
Your Hand-Picked Moving Playlist
- Apartment Story by The National: With a rhythmic beat that gets you in the mood for packing, the lyrics in the song constantly remind you not to worry – everything will be alright.
- Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros: This catchy song will stick in your head as you gather the things that make a house, a home.
- I Like To Move It Move It by Reel 2 Real: Though not directly related to moving homes, this groovy tune will get you jumpin and jivin.
- Moving Out by Billy Joel: Sad to leave your place? This throwback jam will get you excited about moving on up!
- Bust A Move by Young MC: Another irresistible dance jam, Bust A Move will get you back in the move-mood just when you’ve started dragging.
- Moving On by Bad Company: You’re “moving on, moving on from town to town.”
- We Gotta Get Out Of This Place by The Animals: This 1960’s tune will remind you that there’s a better life ahead of you in this move.
- Move by Mercyme: Even if you’re sad leaving your old home or are stressed about the move, this song’s lyrics will resonate in your mind: “There’s gunna be brighter days”
- Move On Up by Curtis Mayfield: Bust a move and pack like a pro with this upbeat jam that will get the whole family pumped for the move.
- Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles: A moving classic, this throwback sing-a-long is the perfect song for waving goodbye to your old home and hitting the road to your new life.
With the sweet sound of these songs boosting your mood as you move, you’ll feel the stress of the moving process ease with every beat.