Don’t let your perfectly good used clothing sit in your closet or in storage. Make a fresh start for yourself and others when you donate your clothing to those in need!
A Few Tips for Donating Your Clothing
Clothing of all types are needed, but in order for them to be fully appreciated, please be sure your donations are clean and undamaged. It’s also helpful when they aren’t out-of-date with current styles.
Here are some other tips for donating:
- Women buy and donate clothing more often than men do, so there is a shortage of men’s clothing for those in need.
- Odd sizes or petite and tall sizes are always useful.
- Kids jeans are especially useful.
- Donations of winter coats, rain jackets or ponchos, winter boots, children’s snow pants, and thermals are needed in colder climates.
- Underwear and socks are always the most needed items. However, these items need to be new and unopened.
- Look for blankets and sleeping bags, for those living on the street, or without adequate heating in their home.
- Black shoes with rubber soles are always needed.
- When you donate purses or backpacks, you make carrying personal belongings easier, especially for those who rely on walking, biking, or public transportation.
Donating clothing and other items truly is a win-win for everyone, so don’t pass up the opportunity to make a difference!