Storage and organization in a small apartment can be a challenge, whether you live alone or share the space. Rather than just accepting the clutter and longing for more square footage, why not make the most of the room you have? Here are 15 of the best ways to manage even the smallest of homes, the one bedroom apartment!
The bedroom should be a place of quiet tranquility, not chaos and disorder! These tips are bedroom specific to help you maximize your only bedroom:
- Choose a bed with built-in storage, either hidden by doors or open storage, like bookshelves. Bed storage can be in the headboard, in drawers underneath, or in a trundle instead of a mattress.
- Get creative with nightstand storage! Boxes or suitcases can hold items that you want close at hand but out of sight.
- Store sheets between the mattress and box springs. In a single layer, you won’t even notice them!
- Downsize your bedside table or coffee table with a picture or window ledge. All you really need is enough space for your phone, book, and coffee cup.
- Put your bed on risers and use decorative canvas totes to store items underneath instead of plastic ones.